What is CRXDE
CRXDE stands for Content Repository Extreme/Development Environment. CRXDE Lite is embedded into AEM and enables you to perform standard development tasks in the browser. With CRXDE Lite, you can create a project, create and edit files (like .jsp and .java), folders, templates, components, dialogs, nodes, properties and bundles while logging and integrating with SVN(Subversion).
Getting Started with CRXDE Lite
To get started with CRXDE Lite, proceed as follows:
- Install AEM.
- In your browser, enter https://<host>:<port>/crx/de . By default it is https://localhost:4502/crx/de .
- Enter your username and password . By default it is admin and admin .
- Click OK .
CRXDE Lite is recommended when
- do not have direct access to the AEM server
- develop an application by extending or modifying the out-of-the-box components and Java bundles
- when you do not need a dedicated debugger, code completion and syntax highlighting.
Folder Structure of the AEM Repository
All custom templates, components and other definition of sites are stored here.
All configurations of your site. Stored Dynamic templates and Policies (since AEM 6.2)
All contents of your site is stored here.
All resources related to utilities and tools.
All information related to users and groups.
All libraries and definition that belongs to Adobe Experience Manager code.
Contains Jackrabbit Oak index definitions. Each node specifies the details of one index.
A temporary working area.
File that change and are updated by system: Audit Logs, Statistics, Event Handling